Development DirectorCompany: Domestic Violence Service Center
Date Posted: October 24, 2016
Repsonsibilities & requirements for this position are as follows:
Fund Raising/Grant Opportunities
- Identify, cultivate, and maintain relationships with new funding sources (i.e.; federal, state, local, foundation, corporate, community and individual) while representing the DVSC.
- Assess market needs and funding trends in Luzerne and Carbon Counties.
- Develop and implement short and long range fund raising and public relations strategies.
- Develop budgets, prepare remarks, and organize arrangements for fund-raising events.
- Monitor, circulate, track, and review information on funding opportunities.
- Keep abreast of all federal and state regulations regarding grants and contracts and understand their impact to DVSC.
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of grant proposals for final approval by Executive Director.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors Marketing & Fund Raising Committee chair to strengthen the Committee and support its activities; communicate development activities to the Committee and other members of Board of Director.
- Research and propose new ideas for fund raising events/projects.
- Coordinate all planning and communications for fund raising events.
- Prepare and manage budget activities for fund raising events.
- Handle various administrative activities and special events as assigned by the Board.
- Engage Board Members and enlist help from them for event planning, coordination, implementation, & management to facilitate a successful outcome
Donor Database Management
- Implement, manage, and maintain a donor database.
- Develop and implement donor recognition program.
- Arrange company visits and presentations for Board Members, staff, and for the purpose of community awareness, and introducing DVSC services to potential corporate sponsors.
- Work with the staff on programs and events, assisting in organizing projects, correspondence, publications,grants, and various daily general items and outreach efforts.
- Cultivate and maintain media contacts and promote awareness and the efforts of DVSC through such contacts.
- Assist in establishing a presence in Luzerne and Carbon Counties through publicity, coordination & implementation of events and functions.
- Assist in the design and implementation of public relations/marketing materials.
Miscellaneous duties are not to be underestimated and include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting staff in day-to-day agency work and special projects as assigned.
- Other tasks as directed by the Board and/or Executive Director.
- BA/BS in Business, Communications, Marketing, Social Work, Nonprofit Administration, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years successful experience in fund-raising and public relation.
- Outstanding verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills including grant-writing experience and public speaking.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to deal with/and relate to all people of various and diverse backgrounds in a fair and non-judgmental manner especially women and children.
- Successful experience in grants/contracts management in a non-profit setting.
- Established and relevant professional contacts and networks a plus.