Director of Development & Major GiftsCompany: Equality Pennsylvania
Date Posted: February 20, 2018
EQUALITY PENNSYLVANIA | DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Application Period: Ongoing
As a member of the senior management team, it will be expected that the Development Director assume the posture of leadership. This individual will be expected to consistently represent the organization in a variety of settings with a knowledge and understanding of organization activities and growth. The Development Director will consistently interact with, cultivate and solicit key stake holders who will expect that the Development Director be highly-responsive to their interests and concerns.
As the Development Director, it will be expected that this individual maintains a strategic focus on engagement with the individuals within the network. This individual will be expected to spend most his or her time directly or indirectly with these donors.
As a high-capacity fundraising professional, it will be expected that this individual achieves measurable performance in the development of a donor portfolio, donor engagement, direct solicitation, charitable gifts received and renewal rates.
- Must embrace the mission, vision, and core values of Equality Pennsylvania.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Excellent mastery of information management, specifically donor relationship databases (NGP EveryAction preferred).
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- 5 years of experience working with donors of all types and gift levels, special event management and planning, and experience and comfort asking for donations.
- 3 years of experience with digital fundraising, communications, social media, etc.
- Willingness to interact with organizational constituents via digital and online mediums.
- CFRE, ACFRE, or related credential preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and steward a portfolio of individual donors capable of making significant charitable commitments to the organization. The network will consist of individuals, families and extended families, friends of the organization, board members, corporations, and foundations.
- Ask existing and potential donors for financial support of Equality PA and reach an annual fundraising goal based on the organizational needs (currently $300,000).
- Develop and implement engagement strategies for all portfolio donors. Routinely review engagement strategies with Executive Director.
- Creatively and strategically cultivate relationships with network donors.
- Collaborate with Executive Director, board members, and major donors in developing and implementing engagement and solicitation strategies.
- Draft and present proposals for one-time and multi-year commitments.
- Consistently solicit, in-person, one-time and multi-year commitments. Align solicitations with annual, campaign, and strategic objectives.
- Closely monitor and report on renewal rates.
- Track all donor interactions in relationship management software in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Provide a report to the Executive Director summarizing the portfolio status, previous and upcoming engagements, outstanding proposals, gifts received and renewal rates.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and finance committee in the creation of an annual budget.
- Participate in board meetings as requested.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- This position is a full-time (40-50 hour per week), salaried, exempt position.
- Salary between $45,000-$60,000 per annum based on experience (including proven campaign leadership, [A]CFRE credential (+$1,000/+$2000))
- Competitive bonus structure for meeting and exceeding campaign goals
- Health Insurance and Dental Insurance Available (paid in part by Equality PA)
- Cell Phone/Hotspot/Laptop provided by Equality PA
- AFP Membership Dues paid by organization
- Access to a variety of fundraising development resources
- Ongoing professional development time equivalent to 72 hours per year of continuing education CFRE credits. (Approximately 1 day per month of professional fundraising development, some of which may be done en masse at conferences or workshops.)
- Pennsylvania with a specific focus in Greater Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, and the Urban Northeast
- The Development Director may be headquartered in Wilkes-Barre or Philadelphia, and must have a valid drivers’ license and reliable car as significant travel will be required.
- At https://www.indeedjobs.com/equality-pennsylvania
- Any questions should be made in writing to email@example.com.
Note: The Development Director will work for both the 501(c)3 charitable organization Equality Pennsylvania Education Fund and the 501(c)4 advocacy organization Equality Pennsylvania. They will also provide fundraising counsel to the Equality PA PAC. Applicants should list any relevant experience around fundraising for 501(c)4 organizations and political action committees in their resume and cover letter.