Development AssociateCompany: Brethren Village Retirement Community
Date Posted: December 4, 2017
Brethren Village has an exciting opportunity for an engaged and talented Development Associate. The Development Associate will report to the Vice President, Development and work collaboratively with a small staff to achieve department objectives.
Please apply online through www.bv.org/careers. We cannot accept applications and resumes through the mail or email.
The Development Associate will recommend annual fundraising and departmental goals, and will be accountable to achieve these goals in collaboration with the Vice President.
The Development Associate will manage a portfolio of vendor and business donor relationships, and will identify prospective event and appeal donors, conducting prospect research as needed. The Development Associate will routinely recommend donor cultivation opportunities, and will serve as a leader in fostering Team Member giving to Brethren Village.
The Development Associate will also create and manage Brethren Village’s calendar of fundraising and donor cultivation events, appeals, and communications. The Development Associate will plan and coordinate several large and important events throughout the year, including banquets, an annual golf tournament, and donor cultivation and recognition programs. The Development Associate will effectively manage all details, including venues; catering; transportation; staffing / volunteers; publicity and promotion; event programming, presenters, music, and entertainment; decorations; technology needs; invitations; solicitation and recognition of event sponsors; donor solicitations and tracking of gifts; Board, Resident and Team Member engagement; prizes; recognition of donors; etc.
The Development Associate will exhibit the highest level of integrity in all interactions with donors, prospective donors, Board members, Residents, and colleagues.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, public relations, business administration, finance, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in fundraising. A record of achieving fundraising goals.
- Experience planning and coordinating major events, including handling all logistics, publicizing events, soliciting sponsors and gifts, and engaging and leading volunteers.
- Prior related experience in a long-term care setting, healthcare, higher education, or with a non-profit foundation or organization is desirable.
- Experience with database management (Donor Perfect knowledge desirable); proficient in MS Office - Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize tasks; ability to effectively and efficiently organize multiple work tasks and projects.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy. The ability to smoothly organize and execute large events and track numerous details.
- The demonstrated ability to form and maintain positive and productive relationships with donors and potential donors, as well as Residents and colleagues.
- Effective presentation and communications skills.
- Proven ability to think strategically; build support for ideas and plans; and develop and implement action plans.
- Thorough working knowledge of regulations related to fundraising, associated tax issues and IRS regulations, and current best practices in philanthropy.
- Occasional travel by auto or train will be required. A valid PA driver’s license, proof of personal auto insurance, and a driving record free from excessive or serious violation is required.
Please apply through www.bv.org/careers. EOE